Do you want to import your flv movies into the Adobe Premiere CS 3 or CS 4 directly? No, that’s not possible. You need to install this small yet powerful flv premiere importer plug in.
As it is, Adobe Premiere CS (today you can get the latest CS 6) is really a wonderful video editing application. With this plug in you are not only able to import flv video files, but also other video formats. To do so, make sure that you have done these things:
- 1. To convert Windows Media (*.wmv,*.wma,*.asf) files, you need to install Windows Media Player 9 or later.
- 2. To convert QuickTime Media (*.mov,*.mp4,*.3gp,*.qt,*.dv) files, you need to install latest QuickTime Player or later.
- 3. To convert RealOne Media (*.rm,*.rmvb,*.ra) files, you need to install RealOne Player.
- 4. To convert AVI (*.avi) files, you need to install proper codecs, like Xvid, Divx.
- 5. For MPEG (*.mpg, *.mpeg) file conversion the program uses integrated components so you don't have to install any others.
So how to import FLV in to Adobe Premiere without conversion? Just use a plug-in called Moyea FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere. It supports a wide range of Adobe Premiere versions: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 / Pro 2.0 / Pro 1.5 /Adobe Premiere 7.0 / Elements 4.0 / Elements 3.0.